ON THIS SITE THE ORIGINAL 1880 UNION HOTEL SERVED AS TELEGRAPHH  OFFICE AND WELLS, FARGO & COMPANY'S STAGE COACH STOP.  DESTROYED BY FIRE IN 1893, RECONSTRUCTED AND RESTORED IN 1915, THE OLD HOTEL SERVICED STAGECOACH AND EARLY RAILROAD PASSENGERS WITH FOOD, DRINK, AND OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS. CURRENTLY IT OPERATES AS A BED & BREAKFAST AND DINING ESTABLISHMENT.

THE CALIFORNIA GARAGE, BUILT IN 1923, PROSPERED AS BELL STREET WAS HIGHWAY 101 UNTIL. 1958. THE GARAGE IS ON THE SITE OF ONE OF LOS ALAMOSS'S FIRST BUSINESSES, ALEXANDER LESLIE'S GENERAL STORE AND POST OFFICE, WHICH WAS DESTROYED BY THE FIRE OF 1893.

DEDICATED THIS 13TH DAY OF DECEMBER 1998 AS SANTA BARBARA COUNTY LANDMARK #39
DE LA GUERRA Y PACHECO CHAPTER
E CLAMPUS VITUS

 

 

 
book nav