Coaching Triathletes with Power Meters - San Diego, CA
||DoubleTree Hotel, Balboa Room
1515 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, California, 92108
||Triathlon, Cycling (view all San Diego events in June)
||June 10, 2012 (09:00 AM)
||May 10, 2012 (09:00 AM)
||(See below for price list)
||Jim Vance, www.coachvance.com, , 619-886-3227
Elite Coach Jim Vance will present how to coach triathletes with power meters, using the data to plan and assess training, for triathletes using a power meter, from Sprint and Olympic distance to Ironman.
Jim will compare and contrast the different power files of varying athletes, from elites, to top age-groupers, middle of the pack athletes, and those just trying to beat the midnight cut-off. Citing the differences between the demands of the different athlete levels, Jim will discuss the training strategies for coaches to consider.
- What is power?
- How to analyze a power file
- How to track improvement within athletes
- Examples of different race files, from varying abilities and distances
- Power differences for draft-legal vs. non-drafting events
- Understanding the differences in order to better plan training
- Quadrant Analysis
- And more…