26 Feb, 2010
California Ultimate Boarder Championship Combines Surf, Skate, Snow
The public is invited to attend a week-long, three city competition that combines California’s (and Nevada’s) favorite sports into a new generation triathlon, Ultimate Boarder™. The ultimate athlete will be able to conquer the art of surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding in an event open to amateur and professional athletes for champion title, cash and prizes.
In addition to watching world-class athletes push their limits in the competitions, spectators will have an opportunity to enjoy a variety of free, family-friendly festivities during each day of competition, which will include demos, autograph sessions, vendors, and more. Pennywise and TSOL bands will perform in a special concert at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino on Saturday, March 20 to conclude the event.
The week-long competition will feature top level professional and amateur athletes from around the globe including:
- Aaron Astorga (Carlsbad, Calif.),
- Tom Curren (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
- Dave Downing (Encinitas, Calif.)
- Omar Hassan (Newport Beach, Calif.)
- Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins (Cardiff, Calif.)
- Christian Hosoi (Huntington Beach, Calif.)
- Chris Kays (Honolulu, HI)
- Cheyne Magnusson (Oceanside, Calif.)
- Mike Morrissey (Laguna Beach, Calif.)
- Kristian Phillipp (Auckland, NZ)
- Shayne Pospisil (Manasquan, NJ)
- Todd Richards (Encinitas, Calif.)
- Chad Shetler (San Clemente, Calif.)
- Eric Sorensen (Encinitas, Calif.)
- Tosh Townend (Huntington Beach, Calif.) and more.
Schedule: Saturday, March 13-Tuesday, March 16 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Waiting period for surf competition; Wednesday, March 17 and Thursday, March 18 Travel Days Travel days; Friday, March 19 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Snowboard competition; Saturday, March 20 10:00 a.m. - 6:15 - 11:00 p.m. Skateboard competition Awards presentation and Pennywise concert and after party
- Surfing – Seaside Reef- Cardiff, Calif.
- Snowboarding – Northstar-at-Tahoe- Truckee, Calif
- Skateboarding – Grand Sierra Resort and Casino- Reno, NV
Sponsors include Verizon Wireless, Samsung, FlexFit, Northstar-at-Tahoe, The Grand Sierra Resort and Casino and Consuul.
Call: Sydney Gardner (805) 689-3388 or firstname.lastname@example.org; -ultimateboarder.com.