19 Jan, 2010
California Dining Weeks & Events Invite Public to Eat Out
It is time to eat big time. Not just the $2.50 monster hot dog (soda bar included) at Price Club. We’re talking major gourmet. Good stuff. Sauces with expensive ingredients made by seasoned chefs. Here are food events that span the coast from the Bay Area to San Diego. Get out there and chow down!
- San Francisco, Dine About Town through January 31. Two-course lunch for $17.95 ; three-course dinner for $34.95. Locations: Civic Center, Fisherman’s Wharf, Golden Gate Park, Japantown/Filmore, Mission District, North Beach, Union Square and Nob Hill-onlyinsanfrancisco.com.
- San Diego Restaurant Week through Jan. 22. Three-course prix fixe menus for $20, $30, or $40 per person-sandiegorestaurantweek.com.
- Newport Beach Restaurant Week through Jan. 28. Three-course, prix-fixe gourmet menus for lunch and dinner.-newportbeachdining.com.
- Los Angeles LA Restaurant Week. Specially priced three-course menus from a wide variety of Los Angeles’ best dining establishments. January 24-29 and January 31 - February 5, 2010-discoverlosangeles.com.
- Sonoma County Restaurant Week February 22-28. Three-course, prix-fixe menu ranging from $19 to $39 per person-sonomacountyrestaurantweek.org
- Orange County Restaurant Week. February 28 - March 6 and September 26 - October 2. Prix-fixe menus range from $10 to $40-orangecountyrestaurantweek.com.